North Agean - Good Hotel for Small Kids

Comments on lodgings in other Turkish cities and towns

Moderator: sinan

half-turk

North Agean - Good Hotel for Small Kids

Post by half-turk » Wed May 04, 2011 5:41 am

Hi - my wife is Turkish and I have been going to Turkey every year for the last few years or so. Usually we go to the South, one year Black Sea, and Istanbul a lot - but this was all without kids. This year we want to do something different.

We're going for two weeks this July and will be staying with family for the first week - about an hour East of Istanbul. For the second week, we're looking for a place we can go for anywhere from 5-7 days with my family, and perhaps the in-laws. Our kids will be 5 months and 4.5 yrs old.

We're trying to find a place that meets this criteria:

+ Most important: Within 5-6 hours drive of Istanbul
+ Second most important: We want a place with a nice, kid friendly beach - ideally walkable from the hotel - but if we have to drive a bit I don't mind so much if it's a good beach
+ Hotel with some kind of suite, or apart-type option good for families

That's really all the criteria I have. I don't care that much about nightlife, or other activity - most important is a nice comfortable CLEAN hotel, and a great beach. Pool is a plus, but not necessary. Some areas I've come across - mostly on the Northern Aegean: Bozcaada, Assos, Ayvalik, Gokceada, etc. These all look nice, but I'm having trouble finding the right hotel. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

(Sinan - are you still there?)

Cok Tesekkrur ederim,

Wayne

David Morgan
How many stars? **: 0

Re: North Agean - Good Hotel for Small Kids

Post by David Morgan » Wed May 04, 2011 1:22 pm

Maybe the Yıldız Saray Beach Hotel? Although I'm not sure how good the beach is there, it looks like it might be a little stoney.

Here's a web page with lots of Assos hotels.