Kemaliye, Erzincan - Bozkurt Otel

Comments on lodgings in other Turkish cities and towns

Moderator: sinan

sally

Kemaliye, Erzincan - Bozkurt Otel

Post by sally » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:24 pm

We stayed 6 nights and loved it (110TL for 2 people half board). The hotel is in the centre of the large village/small town and has taken over the other hotel opposite. Our room was smallish but had a lovely view of the lake/river and mountains. Meals were in a large lokanta on the ground floor of the hotel and were excellent. The staff were unfailingly willing and helpful but spoke little English. The hotel has two new Fiat Doblos which they rent out by the day. Had we known this we would probably have come by bus from Malatya or Erzincan. While there we did an excellent day trip to Divrigi and back having established that the hotel in Divrigi was full (a second hotel is nearly finished).

David Morgan
How many stars? **: 0

Re: Kemaliye, Erzincan - Bozkurt Otel

Post by David Morgan » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:16 pm

This sounds like a good base for doing the Taş Yolu - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIs8vlG3_vc

Here's a web page for the hotel - http://balkanatolia.eu/by-country/turke ... -kemaliye/

sally

Re: Kemaliye, Erzincan - Bozkurt Otel

Post by sally » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:42 pm

I had no reply to emails sent to the bakkananatolia website. When I mentioned this to the Bozkurt they said that they no longer deal with them and that they do not forward emails. Incidentally the Özden Otel in Kemaliye is also under Bozkurt ownership I think. They are on opposite sides of the street. We asked a Turkish speaking friend to phone and book for us. Phone numbers might be 0536 743 9662 or 04467512301 or 7512551 or 0542 5121926 - well worth the effort!

The tas yolu is wonderful especially when the cliffs are covered in Spring flowers. Our taxi driver was not keen to drive it to take us to Divrigi and we were not sure our nerves would stand it but for a walk it is stunning.