Questions, answers and general discussion about doing business with Turkish companies.

Moderator: sinan

How many stars? **: 0

Post by garthyboy » Fri May 28, 2004 4:45 am

Could somebody help me please? I'm an Irish / European citizen and I'm going to work in Turkey for July and August. Do I need to get a working visa before entry?

Site Admin

Working Visa

Post by turkeytom » Fri May 28, 2004 9:24 pm

The place to find out is the nearest Turkish Consulate, but here's my take:

Legally, I'd guess you must obtain a residency permit (Ikamet Tezkeresi) and work permit before traveling to Turkey to take a job. Your employer should help you with this.

Practically, I know that for years some foreigners have worked in Turkey without benefit of official papers by entering on 90-day tourist visas and, if they stay longer than 90 days, going to Greece for a few days, then returning to Turkey on a new 90-day visa. (One can do this only so long before the Turkish authorities become suspicious of your motives, however.)

I'd advise you to (a) ask your employer, and (b) find out the rules from a Turkish consulate.

Tom Brosnahan

See jobs in Turkey

Post by portakal » Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:01 pm

Hello there,

You can also apply for jobs via as a bonus of the site. There are useful informations as downloads. It is great site for practical information for living in Turkey.

Post by gumusluk » Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:13 pm

Does anyone know of more websites for Jobs in Turkey?
For the most comprehensive guide to gumusluk
Windsurfing sailing and holiday rentals Bodrum Turkey
Hotels Turgutreis ... rum-Turkey

job sites for turkey

Post by cescawade » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:41 pm

Hi, just to let you know there is one called:
and also on
mymerhaba they have some jobs in the classified section.

Post by jane » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:07 pm

Work permits are very hard to get and take a long time to get an answer.Your employer should apply.Last summer my daughter started a summer job and a work permit was applied for in May 2006,in May 2007 still no reply from the authorities so restarted summer job again,then in June 2007 it was turned down.She was told that due to high unemployment a Turkish person could do the job just as well.As you intend to only work for a short while i would go in on a 3 month tourist visa and hope you don't get caught.Even if you get residency[if you have property] you still cannot work leagally.[/i]