Bank account interest rate

Questions, answers and general discussion about doing business with Turkish companies.

Moderator: sinan

Blanchy
How many stars? **: 0

Bank account interest rate

Post by Blanchy » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:35 pm

I understand that the interest rate on a YTL bank account at Akbank is approx. 15%. Does anyone one know if there is a maximum on the amount you can put into the account and if there is a restriction for how long it can stay in? If not then this could be "a nice little earner"!!
Thanks.
Blanchy

RIK

Re: Bank account interest rate

Post by RIK » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:39 pm

There is no restriction on the amount of money you can invest and no restiction on how long.15% will the Nett figure after Bank Charges and Tax.If you buy Turkish Goverment Bonds which I do then leave your money for one year and you should get around 20% Gross and finish up with around 17.5% as you say, a nice little earner.

Ian
It's better to be over the hill than under it.

Blanchy

Post by Blanchy » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:37 pm

Thanks for that Ian, it's def worth thinking about both options. How do you go about getting the Bonds please?
Blanchy

RIK

Post by RIK » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:15 pm

Hi Blanchy. Just go to your Bank and tell them that is what you want to buy. All Banks do it so your's should have no problems.The Banks sometimes call them Goverment Papers but they are the same thing.This year our investment will pay for 17 days and flights in Thailand and in January the same again but in South Africa.Just love it here.

Ian
It's better to be over the hill than under it.

micky1

Post by micky1 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:41 pm

Hello guys, i see you have had some good days last years. How was your travels? Okay to the main thing.. :) I want to ask what options are available this years? Maybe you tried something already?

Thanks,
micky