Future developement of Dalaman

Questions, answers and general discussion about doing business with Turkish companies.

Moderator: sinan

nikita

Future developement of Dalaman

Post by nikita » Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:51 pm

Do you know of any plans to build three marina's and a 18 hole golf course in Dalaman?

turkeytom
Site Admin
How many stars? **: 0

Dalaman Development

Post by turkeytom » Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:28 pm

I have not heard of any such plans, but the pace of Turkish tourism development is such that I would not doubt it. Plans may be under way.

But plans do not always turn into reality. 2004 has not been a good year for Turkish tourism. Plans may be on hold.

Tom Brosnahan

nikita

Reply re devolpment in Dalaman

Post by nikita » Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:32 am

Thanks for your reply, can you advise me of anywhere i could contact to get more onformation about this. i am looking at buying a property in Dalaman and the solicitor has told me that this is the future plans for the town. i want to conduct my own research to be sure i'm not being led up the garden path.
:roll:

turkeytom
Site Admin

Dalaman Development

Post by turkeytom » Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:00 pm

Sorry to say, I have no contacts in the real estate business in the Dalaman area. Perhaps another TTP Forums user does?

Tom Brosnahan

nik

nikita

Post by nik » Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:48 pm

Yes there are future plans in tender for marinas and a golf course in dalaman and Sarigerme.

The whole area has been designated a touristic town/area by the Turkish Goverment.

If you have any questions let me know.

turkeytom
Site Admin

New Dalaman Airport

Post by turkeytom » Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:08 pm

I read recently that the Turkish government will grant control of Dalaman airport (and other major touristic airports) to private developers for modernization and expansion on the build-operate-transfer model.

This will no doubt result in lots of secondary development in the airport area as well.

Tom Brosnahan

dalaman lady

dalaman

Post by dalaman lady » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:04 pm

Dalaman was declared the New touristic centre of the Aegean coast in 2005.
The first of the Golf courses is being built and soon to follow will be the marinas and hotel complexes along the Dalaman beach area.
The town is having a major makeover, old building being pulled down and multi-storied blocks replacing them, with shops on the ground floors and apartments above.
There are also building works going on outside the town cwntre but not on such a grand scale, hopefully that will kept the rurals as they are.
The new International airport was opened a few months ago and the Gocek tunnel ( toll ) linking Dalaman to Gocek and Fethiye was opened around the same time. The latter saves around 10 minutes on the journey that used to take you over the mountain road, which is a dangerous stretch of road.

Blanchy

Post by Blanchy » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:09 am

Hi dalaman Lady. Do you know if the prison has been knocked down yet, as I was told this would be one of the first places to go to make way for the new developments. Thanks