Where to eat for our 3rd wedding anniversary?

Comments and recommendations for Istanbul restaurants

Moderator: sinan

chilglish
How many stars? **: 0

Post by chilglish » Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:19 pm

Excellent information and article! Thanks! :D
With many thanks and best wishes,
Claudio Guiloff

Zeynep

Istanbul restaurant for 3rd anniversary

Post by Zeynep » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:26 pm

January is not a very romantic month in Istanbul, I'm afraid. ...If your anniversary was in the summer or early fall, there'd be tons of outdoor restaurants to recommend.

But, if you want a nice view, even in the winter, you might want to check out Erguvan, which is located near the Ramada Hotel in Ortakoy. I was there in September and it had a lovely view of the Bosphorus.

They serve both fish and meat and it's mainly continental food, but with Turkish touches. I had a really yummy salad, made up of finely chopped parsley, mint, walnuts, tomatoes, and lemon juice. Very Aegean influence. So, the chef/owner is innovative and mixes Turkish with Continental.

It is a pricey restaurant, but could be a romantic spot to celebrate a special occasion.

Any restaurant on the Bosphorus would be my recommendation. Most of them are fish restaurants but should offer vegetarian fare, as well.

chilglish

THANKS AGAIN

Post by chilglish » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:16 pm

January is not a very romantic month in Istanbul,
I know what you mean, the city where I live, Santiago, is the same in winter. Unfortunately, we don't have a choice, since we have to take our vacations in our summer which is your winter. Although, being a romantic at heart, I feel I must say this: every season has something romantic about it! Winter is great for wrapping up warm, hugging, sitting infront of a fire sipping tea, running to escape from the rain etc. :wink:

Thank you very much for your suggestions, we may well eat with a view of the Bosphorus.

In fact, up until now, I think the Kiz Kulesi is the best option. What could be better than actually having dinner in the middle of the Golden Horn?

Having said that, I will keep an open mind and consider the one you're recommending.

Many thanks again for your help and suggestions.
Claudio Guiloff

chilglish

?

Post by chilglish » Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:40 pm

OK. :shock:

This is a huge surprise...

Sue, what's your surname? How long ago were you in Golders Green?

I look forward to deciphering this mystery!

Claudio
Claudio Guiloff

chilglish

Post by chilglish » Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:55 pm

Wow! I've just sent you an e-mail. Hope you reply...

How long ago were you in Golders Green?

Claudio
Claudio Guiloff