Nice cafe on the Asian side

Comments and recommendations for Istanbul restaurants

Moderator: sinan

Nice cafe on the Asian side

Post by Zeynep » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:02 am

For those of you who may wander over to the Asian side, I would like to recommend a bakery/cafe called "Beyaz Firin". They have several locations on the Asian side, but the one in Erenkoy is special. It is located on a residential street and has a beautiful patio/garden where you can eat and people watch. The atmosphere is great. You can get there by going to Bagdat Street and getting off at Erenkoy. It is on the street where there is a FCUK store (sorry, I'm not the one who came up with that name - French Connection UK store). Go down that street, towards the water and you'll see it on the left-hand side. I think there are signs for "Beyaz Firin" from Bagdat St.

Another nice cafe to go to is the Divan chain. There are many all over Istanbul, but the ones that are special are the one in Kalamis (Marina on the Asian side) and also the one on Bagdat St. in Erenkoy.

How many stars? **: 0

Re: Nice cafe on the Asian side

Post by Jeanne » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:42 pm

Hi Zeynep,
you are right, they are both very good patiseries, I like to add one: Saray, for the sweets, puddings and böreks. You can also find them all over Istanbul, nice new locations are in Kanyon mall, Istinye Park (both European side) and Badgat Caddesi on the Asian side.