bar at the kiz kulesi

Comments and recommendations for Istanbul restaurants

Moderator: sinan

umm

bar at the kiz kulesi

Post by umm » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:16 am

hey,

i'm going on a trip to turkey next May, adn on my list is a visit to Kiz Kulezi in the evening. i thought we would go only for a drink at the bar and forget about dinner because all what i hear from the reviews the dinner is not worth it...so has any body been to the bar at the Maiden's tower it's called Kuledbar? does it have a view, i'm thinking romantic drink up there but have no idea..

cheeeers

davcamp
How many stars? **: 0

Re: bar at the kiz kulesi

Post by davcamp » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:26 pm

Hello,
Few things about Kizkulesi---
A confirmed reservation is REQUIRED before you visit. You have to take a small boat from Usukudar to Kizkulesi. No reservation - you will not even be allowed on the boat transport.

Once your reservation is confirmed you will be allowed on the boat for passage to Kizkulesi. Boat crew has a list of confirmed reservations or will radio to tower to confirm reservation before you are allowed to embark. After your visit you will be ferried to either Uskudar or Eueopean side near Kabatas.

There is a very nice bar in Kizkulesi...I do not think a meal purchase is mandatory but I could be wrong. My wife and I visted and just had a glass of wine - no meal. There are views from the bar but you will better enjoy taking your drink with you up to the tower lookout and sip up there for sweeping views of the city. When you finish your drink you can order another one from the waiters at the top level who will serve you on the lookout.
Happy New year!!!
http://web.mac.com/dav_camp/Site/Istanb ... Guide.html

umm

Post by umm » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:18 pm

thanks a lot...your reply was great help......and i will make sure to book ahead at the bar, i'll do it on the internet......

thanks
:o

davcamp
How many stars? **: 0

Post by davcamp » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:40 am

You are most welcome. Having been to Istanbul myself 17 times, be sure to visit my weblink posted in previous message to maximize your trip.
Happt New year!
davcamp