Villa rental without air conditioning on Bodrum Penninsula

Looking for a villa? Have one to let/rent? Trade notices here!

Moderator: sinan

tmorga1

Villa rental without air conditioning on Bodrum Penninsula

Post by tmorga1 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:03 pm

We are thinking of renting a villa on the Bodrum Penninsula that doesn't have air conditioning. It has 2 big fans but the owner say air conditioning isn't necessary. We will be there June 28 - July 3. We are afraid the nights will be too warm. Can anyone offer any advice?

margaretp
How many stars? **: 0

Post by margaretp » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:28 pm

Well, difficult, 'cause it really depends on what YOU like, not the owner. Personally, I wouldn't be without be without AC in the bedrooms of our house (a bit further along the south coast at Calis) But then we usually make sure that we are returning to the UK by the end of June as we find July and August too hot anyway!! I'm sure most hotels, villas and apartments do have AC for visitors and one of the reasons is that the air temperature is high and it is the cooling properties of the AC that is more than just a hair drier blowing on you!!

Having said all that, there are wonderful breezes blowing off the sea, so depending on the position of the villa, you may be OK.

Hope that you get lots of other comments and are able to decide.
MPD

tmorga1

Post by tmorga1 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:53 pm

margaretp - Thank you for the advice. You have reinforced my opinion. I think I will need the AC and will look for another villa or house.