guidebook

Guidebooks, histories, biographies, novels...any good books having to do with Turkey and things Turkish.

Moderator: sinan

HoboKelly2007

guidebook

Post by HoboKelly2007 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:29 am

Does anyone know which is the best guidebook to buy for Turkey? It will be my first time there and i am an inexperienced traveller, so i will be needing a book providing good basic general advice
if anyone can send me info at HoboKelly2007@wikichat.com I'd really appreciate.

carrie
TTP Expert
How many stars? **: 0

Post by carrie » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:06 am

In my opinion I think the internet provides much more valuable information for research than any guide book does. Most will recommend that you get the Lonely Planet or Rough guides which I think is ok when it comes to getting from place to place but I do not believe that the guide books can be as up to date as the internet.

For my trips I have done research for the places that interest me and them print out my own copies and put them together in a small binder. This way you have your own personal guide book with only the places that are interest of for you.

I have printed out many of Tom's pages in the Turkey Travel Planner as they offer comprehensive overviews of the historical places in Turkey that I wanted to visit.