BRIGHT SUN STRONG TEA - by TOM BROSNAHAN

Guidebooks, histories, biographies, novels...any good books having to do with Turkey and things Turkish.

Moderator: sinan

davcamp
How many stars? **: 0

BRIGHT SUN STRONG TEA - by TOM BROSNAHAN

Post by davcamp » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:37 pm

I just started reading in a couple days ago and I CAN'T PUT IT DOWN!.
Even tempeted to read it at stop lights in traffic.
Please pick one up for youself & also one to send a friend/family member for Christmas!!!

davcamp

MW

Post by MW » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:17 pm

It's a good read.

Tom is there a sequel coming?

turkeytom
Site Admin

Re: BRIGHT SUN STRONG TEA - by TOM BROSNAHAN

Post by turkeytom » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:08 pm

Disclaimer: I didn't suggest to DavCamp that he write such a message, but I appreciate his compliments.

The humorous travel memoir was a brand-new writing style for me. I had no idea how it would come out. So far I've received positive feedback (but then, people don't like to tell an author they don't like his/her book).

It's easy to decide for yourself as there are excerpts online here:

http://www.turkeytravelplanner.com/bsst/excerpts.html

...and you can even search the entire text of the book at Google Book Search:

http://books.google.com/books?id=JbC95V ... klxmEB7tGQ

Sequel? I have another book about Turkey in mind, but my websites are keeping me so busy I don't know when I'll have time to write it...

Tom Brosnahan

Jay

Post by Jay » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:10 pm

I think Tom Brosnahan needs to do a better Public Relationing with booksellers in Istanbul :D . The reason I am saying this is because I was in Istanbul last summer and while visiting various bookshops in Sultan Ahmet, whenever I asked for Bright Sun Strong Tea, I was told by the bookseller that it is available BUT "let me show you a better book on Turkey" and then they would show some pricy book.

I did buy Bright Sun Strong Tea (at a price few liras higher than the what was quoted in TTP) and was only able to read it recently. It is a fine book.... memoir mixed up with lighthearted humor. I'd really like to read more from Tom.... whenever he gets the time to write.

David Morgan

Post by David Morgan » Sat May 30, 2009 9:38 am

Those rock pictures in eastern Turkey look good - I hadn't come across them before.
http://www.turkeytravelplanner.com/bsst ... ifice.html
I've just stuck a couple of pins in Google earth to remind me.
Some at Kağızman cave too, apparently. I wonder if they're in the guide book now? (Perhaps I ought to buy one - I haven't since '93 - no, probably not - I'll only rant at it as usual, and there are always people on the road with a copy).