Inside Out In Istanbul

Guidebooks, histories, biographies, novels...any good books having to do with Turkey and things Turkish.

Moderator: sinan

Goreme1990

Inside Out In Istanbul

Post by Goreme1990 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:36 pm

I am a long time resident of Istanbul, an avid traveller and a trained Sociologist. I have read almost every modern English language book going about travel and life in Turkey, and continue to collect books about Turkey from the last century, in English, by Turkish and foreign authors. As so many books about life here are written by foreigners who either live in small villages often isolated from the clash of tradition and modernity seen on a daily basis in Istanbul, or by people married to Turks so that their experiences of Turkey are mediated by helpful family members who often shield them from the chaos of every day life, I decided to write about my experiences of living here. I love living here, because the daily frustrations of living in a huge city, dealing with strange and often challenging culture and language differences, is more than made up for by the friendliness, dynamism and sheer madness that is life in Istanbul.
If what I have said is of interest to you, please read my press release below, and order my book online. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me through this forum.

INSIDE OUT IN ISTANBUL Press Release
Publisher: Melbourne University CBC
Author: Lisa Morrow
ISBN: 9781921775604

Planning to travel to Istanbul and want to know what adventures will await you? Already been and want to know more? Announcing the much awaited release of Inside Out In Istanbul, a collection of short stories about life in Istanbul by author Lisa Morrow. These stories take you beyond the world famous sights of Istanbul to the shores of Asia, to an Istanbul that is vibrantly alive with the sounds of street vendors, wedding parties, weekly markets and more. The stories in Inside Out In Istanbul take the reader beyond the tourist façades deep into this sometimes chaotic, often schizophrenic but always charming city.

To order your copy online click on the link below, or order it from your local bookshop.
http://www.bookshop.unimelb.edu.au/cbc/ ... 1921775604

Goreme1990

Re: Inside Out In Istanbul

Post by Goreme1990 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:27 pm

If you want to try before you buy, click on the link below to read one of the stories in Inside Out In Istanbul.

http://journals.worldnomads.com/goreme1 ... abil-Sokak

I hope you enjoy it.

Goreme1990

Post by Goreme1990 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:28 pm

If you like to travel light, "Inside Out In Istanbul" is now available as an ebook through Amazon Kindle. Click on the link below to buy and download your electronic version today. I hope you enjoy it!

http://www.amazon.com/Inside-Out-In-Ist ... B006J892VA

Goreme1990

Post by Goreme1990 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:52 pm

Hi Everyone,

My book of stories about life here in Istanbul is once again available as a real book you can hold in your hands. Even better, you can buy a copy no matter where you live, as it is now available through Amazon. Click on the link below or visit your local Amazon site and buy your copy today!

Inside Out In Istanbul: Lisa Morrow: 9781482063455: Amazon.com: Books

You can also by it as an ebook at

Inside Out In Istanbul: Lisa Morrow: Amazon.com: Books

I hope you enjoy it!