Turkish teachers who offer homestay

All about the Turkish language: learning aids, reviews and comments on courses, books, teachers--anything having to do with this wonderful language.

Moderator: sinan

Turkish teachers who offer homestay

Post by Johnmango » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:41 pm

Does anyone know where can I find Turkish language teachers who teach at their homes and also offer homestay to students - for full immersion?

My ideal place to go is Istanbul, but will consider anywhere in Turkey, as long as the teacher is good and the environment is safe.

Looking for a 1-2 weeks homestay immersion course. Thank you.

Can anyone please help?

Re: Turkish teachers who offer homestay

Post by Derwin4 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:01 am

Sorry I don't know and could not help you here.

How many stars? **: 0

Re: Turkish teachers who offer homestay

Post by SwampeastMike » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:49 pm

I've looked for the same sort of thing for years with no success. I don't believe there is enough demand to allow people to do such for a living and considering the long working hours of most Turks, they don't have time to do such as a "sideline". Single people not living with their family tend to have roommates and live in rather close quarters with every sleeping space (including the nearly ubiquitous convertible sofa/bed) filled. Couples/families are extremely unlikely to allow a non-family membe--most particularly a foreign single person--to stay with them for any period unless they are already extremely good friends.