Government Tax on a new property.

Questions, answers, tips and warnings about land and property ownership by foreigners in Turkey
joe.m

Government Tax on a new property.

Post by joe.m » Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:09 pm

My partner and i have bought a new 2 bedroom apartment in side,can anybody tell me how much the government tax is now my Tapu is ready for collection,my agent is saying 3%,yet i have heard this should be 1.5%.
I would be grateful if anyone could put us straight on this subject. :roll:

Muses House
How many stars? **: 0

Post by Muses House » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:38 am

Hi

The tax is actually 3% of the declared value and this should be split 50/50 with the seller (which is where you got the 1.5% from) however in reality it rarely happens and the poor foreigner gets to pay the whole amount.

Check your contract to see how the liabilities from the transaction were split. It may say that selling costs and transfer tax to be split 50/50.

MH

joan doyle
How many stars? **: 0

Post by joan doyle » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:59 pm

hi muses
just wondering who declares the value on the tapu is it the buyer ,the seller or as ive been told the local office where the apt is situated
thank you
joan
there is a group of us buying apartments in mahmutler and would like to know the cheapest place for furniture,white goods etc and can we hire a car cheaply for different weeks from may to october,appreciate it if anyone out there can help .