SWIMMING POOLS

Questions, answers, tips and warnings about land and property ownership by foreigners in Turkey
tally1
How many stars? **: 0

SWIMMING POOLS

Post by tally1 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:45 am

Hi,

I have just purchased a villa in a rural location, it has been difficult to find somone to clean the pool, but I have found someone to clean and add chemicals etc once a week.

I dont know very much about pool, is once a week enough, if the ph or chlorine is off say one or two from where it should be could this cause problems if anyone swims in it.

many thanks for any guidance.

:)

geroll

Post by geroll » Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:04 pm

You should clean the swimming pool everymorning. For chlorine one or two times a week is enough but be carefull when weather is hot, weed can grow quickly. Anyway if you clean it everyday it is very easy to check everyday the level of chlorine.
Of course your filter must work permanently (around 12 hours a day if your swimming pool is 100 m3.
No danger if you swimm when the Ph or chlorine is lacking; I suppose your swimming pool is not public: you can catch only your own microbes.
Enjoy it.
Gerard - http://www.orangeraie-de-finike.com

Icaru

Post by Icaru » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:17 am

Having learned the hard way about caring for a swimming pool, I suggest that you first of all run your pool filter at least 6+ hours/day. You should add an algaecide product to your water at least 1x/week. You should adjust the pH level to a range between 7.2-7.8, THEN adjust the chlorine level. The sun burns up clorine, so you'll need a good supply on hand. We use the imported CTX brand chemicals.

If you don't do proper pool maintenance, you will have ALGAE, green and/or black and that is a big problem.

From time to time you must also brush the sides and bottom of your pool with a pool brush, and use flocculant to cause any impurities and dust to settle to the bottom to be vacuumed up.

We also use HyperKlor 1x/month to kill all algae and bacteria. Once you start getting algae, it can penetrate the grout and become a nightmare.

Best is that you read carefully online about regular pool maintenance. I did this after the problems started, should have done it first.

One thing we've learned in all this: the longer you run your pool filter, the fewer problems you'll have.