Turkish Banks and Charges

Questions, answers, tips and warnings about land and property ownership by foreigners in Turkey
Abacus32
How many stars? **: 0

Turkish Banks and Charges

Post by Abacus32 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:15 pm

I am renting a holiday villa in Turkey in August and the Turkish lady letting it to me has asked me to make a payment direct into her bank account plus her banks charges for this which she says will be 20 Euros. I have never heard of a bank charing to pay money in. The bank is "Garanti Bank". Can anyone let me know if this is correct or not? Thanks

sinan

Post by sinan » Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:33 pm

Yes that is Correct and also some bank charge some percentage if you take money before a month.

Sinan Akdeniz

Abacus32

Post by Abacus32 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:01 pm

Thank you Sinan. I really don't understand why the person I am letting from does not arrange to take Visa payments. I know there is a % charge for this but it is a lot cheaper than paying 2 x bank charges! They could either include the charge or show it as an extra. I will have to pay approximately 40 Euros in total to pay a depost on a holiday rental costing 575 Euros - that's nearly 10% extra! I really don't like giving money like this to the banks.

sinan

Post by sinan » Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:07 pm

It depends on your agreement. Some people do not take any extra payment some do.

Sinan Akdeniz