Parador Properties - Royal Marina Apartments Didim/Altinkum

Questions, answers, tips and warnings about land and property ownership by foreigners in Turkey
silverfox
How many stars? **: 0

Parador Properties - Royal Marina Apartments Didim/Altinkum

Post by silverfox » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:41 pm

Does anyone have any experience of using this company or of this complex? I am visiting in September with a view to buying an apartment as an investment and would appreciate any words of wisdom.

Blanchy

Post by Blanchy » Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:41 pm

Hi, I bought with Parador in Spain last year and joined their after sales club. They have not contacted me at all regarding problems with the licences and the builders having to stop work since last November! I have only found stuff out by going on the net and constantly badgering them. Joining the after sales club is a good idea if stuff goes wrong, but the weren't very forthcoming at contacting me.
I also looked at buying in Turkey with them, but some of the exact same properties were available with other people for more than 10% LESS.

silverfox

Buying Property from Parador in Turkey

Post by silverfox » Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:22 pm

Thanks for your reply Blanchy. Very useful. I have also made a contact with someone who visited a couple of months ago and who is in the process of buying off plan. So far seems ok. Anyway I'm off on an inspection visit on 8th Sept but recent unrest has made think again about the investment potential. Will report on my return.

Blanchy

Post by Blanchy » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:30 am

I think this is just a blip in Turkey. I think it will be a great place to invest, and all you've got to remember is that Spain has had problems with ETA, and people still can't get there quick enough! Enjoy your trip, but don't expect it be a holiday, it is full on house hunting.

silverfox

Post by silverfox » Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:00 pm

Back from inspection visit to Turkey with Parador. Have to be fair and say that everything went smoothly and very positive experience. Onurair and Corinthia hotel group worthy of high praise. However, I did not buy. It takes a good day to reach Turkey and that's too long for me. No hard sell experienced but being with Paradors' host for most of the time does create an expectation to do so. My suggestion would be to check out all the areas before deciding whether, and where, to buy. Bodrum is a dream along with nearby Gundog. Altinkum/Didim over-rated in my view.
An awful lot depends on the rapport with the host: I was extremely fortunate and hope now to have made a firm friend with him and his family.

desmondhatton

Post by desmondhatton » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:17 pm

I BOUGHT THRU PARADOR AND FOUND THEM VERY HELPFUL, BUT IF WAS TO DO IT AGAIN I WOULD GO TO ORACLE THE BUILDERS OF ROYAL MARINA AS THEY ARE THE MOST HELPFUL PEOPLE YOU COULD WISH TO MEET AND YOU COULD GET IT FOR APROX10% LESS
Desmond Hatton