shared land

Questions, answers, tips and warnings about land and property ownership by foreigners in Turkey
tomandmags

shared land

Post by tomandmags » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:12 pm

can anyone help on a problem with shared land. thank you

tomandmags

Post by tomandmags » Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:27 pm

I will try and keep this as short as possible about the shared land. We bought land in Ovacik near Olu-Deniz approximately two and a half years ago, unknowingly that it was "shared land"as the person we bought it from was the only name on the tapu. we own 4 parts of 28, no specific 4 parts, but there are two little cottages on what we call "our land", the owner of the other 24 parts is a big developer. We have 800sq mtrs, and although the cottages are not registered, we have been told they can not pull them down as they have been there that long, and we pay utility bills.
The problem is the other owner refuses point blank to co'operate and come to some descision on the boundrys. The questions i would appreciate any help on are, do the cottages make any difference? do i have the same rights as him even though he owns the larger part? They are now putting in new roads, and we have been given 10% building permission, and can not go any further untill the problem of the boundrys has been resolved
will appreciate any help.