dispute over villa rental

Questions, answers, tips and warnings about land and property ownership by foreigners in Turkey
tally1
How many stars? **: 0

dispute over villa rental

Post by tally1 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:52 pm

I have a villa that has been rented, and a set of guests have left the villa in a terrible state, we have 4 independent people of ourselves verbally confirm that the villa was in a horrible state.

We have spoken to the people who hired the villa and they dispute this, I have advised them that I will be retaining half of their breakage deposit.

They are not pleased about this and are claiming that this is a breakage deposit and not a cleaning deposit. They are saying they will take us to the small claims court over this.

I will from now on be changing the wording to a breakage and cleaning deposit.

Has anyone else experienced this type of problem and could they suggest anything to help.

Many thanks

Tally

geroll
How many stars? **: 0

Post by geroll » Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:59 am

Good morning

My only advice would be to be very careful if you have not declared officially - and paid taxes- you rental to the local authorities. Turkish administration has started to struggle against such illegal rentals and the fines are very hight. If you are in this situation you probably would better give up your half deposit if they really want to go to court in Turkey.
gerard - http://www.orangeraie-de-finike.com