Buying advice in Cappadocia

Questions, answers, tips and warnings about land and property ownership by foreigners in Turkey
How many stars? **: 0

Buying advice in Cappadocia

Post by skippyinspace » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:32 pm

My wife and I were in Cappadoccia in September and we fell in love with the place. We were based in Gerome and stayed at the Tashkonak cave suites and took a balloon flight.

Anyway ever since we got back, the wife has been saying how nice it would be to have a second property and cappadoccia would be a great place for it.

While we were in one of the villages we noticed a lot of phone numbers on houses and were informed that the French were buying up properties.

We have done some web searches and found some "agents" for the region who we will get in touch with when we return in March / April 2007

The question is as most of these places are rubble on a hill or a big hole in a hill how difficult is it to get a TAPU?

Has any one here purchased in this off the beaton track location?

Any advice would be appriciated.

Our UK home was gutted before we moved in so we can see the vision.

Are there any local rental agencies?

How easy is it to get trades people?

How hard is it getting planning authorisation with it being in a UNESCO site.

We know this isn't a Bodrum or Dalaman and this suits us fine as we are into listed and historic properties our UK property is 300 y.o

Thanks in advance
Ian H

Re: Buying advice in Cappadocia

Post by Insight » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:47 pm

Dear skippyinspace,
Are you still interrested in information about buying and property in Cappadocia?
I live and work there and can give you all the advice