Fethiye area property agent wanted

Questions, answers, tips and warnings about land and property ownership by foreigners in Turkey
gjp

Fethiye area property agent wanted

Post by gjp » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:22 pm

I arrive Fethiye on my very first trip to Turkey on the 13th July. Besides wandering around I'd like to visit with someone who would be willing to talk with me about the market there for individual residences, whether new or secondary market. I am a US citizen and do not speak Turkish, can offer German as well as English.

If you have a name in Fethiye or Oudlansi (??) to suggest, I'd love to hear it.

I am not buying this trip, but might after I learn more.

ptemiz

Property in Fethiye/Oludeniz

Post by ptemiz » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:40 am

You will have no problem finding real estate agents in Fethiye - their offices are everywhere. Take time to talk to several until you find one you feel comfortable with. Many of the agencies are run by British and Turkish people in partnership so language is never a problem. I am part of a team that runs a community information website for Fethiye http://www.fethiyetimes.com and at the bottom of our front page we currently have a banner ad for King's Real Estate which is one of the British-Turkish concerns and as good a place as any to start. You should actually start by looking at websites, they all have them, to get an idea of locations and prices. And, you'll be pleased to hear, prices have come down significantly over the past year as the real estate business has slumped. Rumour is it's starting to pick up again but basically you should take all published prices with a pinch of salt.

Pat Temiz

gjp

Thanks for the tips

Post by gjp » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:40 pm

Nice to know prices have slumped.