Hotel rooms

Tips, cautions and bright ideas for keeping children safe and happy during travel in Turkey.
winelady
How many stars? **: 0

Hotel rooms

Post by winelady » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:06 pm

I'm in the process of trying to book some hotel rooms in Turkey and am a little stuck. I have three relatively young children. In the US I generally book a room for two adults and two children (web sites never seem to let you book for more than that) and then I just bring all three. No one has ever given me a hard time about it here. I'm a little concerned that this might not be acceptable other places. One hotel that I emailed in Istanbul said that I would have to get two double rooms and rent an extra bed. My kids are not old enough to be in a separate room, so this really isn't a good option. I've seen lots of hotels with "triple" rates, but none with five (even the few "family suites" I've found dictate four people).

How do families of more that four typically lodge while in Turkey?
BRW
Richmond, VA USA
http://www.westhoven.net

carrie
TTP Expert

Post by carrie » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:36 pm

Hi Winelady ( nice name BTW )

Welcome to the forum. May I ask where in Turkey you plan to travel ?? Just in Istanbul or other places ?? I would think that most family suites could or should be able to acommodate 2 adults plus 3 children but I really think you need to check around. Sometimes the web sites may state for four persons but if you ask them maybe a 5th person can be added.

I would like to be perfectly frank here and most regular members know me by my posts. I own a hotel on the Antalya coastline located in Cirali. We have 2 family ''cottage'' rooms and on our web-site it states acommodations for 4 persons but our rooms are set up that one more additional bed can be provided. We built these rooms with families like yourself in mind as I have two children myself.

So if you are coming my way please feel free to send me an email. You can find my details by clicking on my profile.

Good luck !!

Carrie 8)

PS really I do hope that I was not forward in my posting

winelady

Post by winelady » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:07 pm

I have rented a home in Gundogan for 7 weeks. We want to do lots of day trips to explore the area, but also want to spend plenty of time around our home base so that we can get to know the country better. At the beginning of the trip we will spend some time in Ankara, Cappadocia and Istanbul before we head south to our home for the summer. I don't want to overschedule us, but I will also be traveling alone with the children for most of our stay, so I want to have some structure. It's always a balancing act with kids.

If we head south to Antalya, I will certainly let you know. Thanks for the information.

Cheers!
BRW
Richmond, VA USA
http://www.westhoven.net

carrie
TTP Expert

Post by carrie » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:58 pm

Your welcome and have a great trip. Certainly if you are down my way stop in to say hi !! 8) Carrie