Baby on lap during flight?

Tips, cautions and bright ideas for keeping children safe and happy during travel in Turkey.
kungfukaren

Baby on lap during flight?

Post by kungfukaren » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:33 pm

Hello all,

My husband and I are about to book a trip to Turkey (Fethiye area) for September. We were planning on NOT purchasing a seat for our then 10-month-old baby, and just hoping for a bulkhead bassinet, and otherwise keeping her on our laps. We will be flying from New York. Is this a reasonable plan, or are we being crazy?

Thank you!

margaretp
How many stars? **: 0

Re: Baby on lap during flight?

Post by margaretp » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:31 am

We have just returned with one year old and he was fine (but that was only a four hour flight) sitting on laps. Did the same last year when he was three months old. How long is your flight? are you having a break in Istanbul?
MPD

kungfukaren

Re: Baby on lap during flight?

Post by kungfukaren » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Our flight is 11 hours (overnight there, daytime return), with a two hour stop-over in Istanbul. On the return we will overnight in Istanbul. I figure she'll probably end up being in our arms or lap the whole flight anyway, so why spend $1000 on a seat?

Thanks so much for your helpful responses (to this and my other question). I'd love to hear more about your trip!