Where to go with small children?

Tips, cautions and bright ideas for keeping children safe and happy during travel in Turkey.
tweetz

Where to go with small children?

Post by tweetz » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:00 pm

Hi, I would just like some advice as to where to go with a 2 year old and 4month old baby. We've been to Istanbul so would like to try somewhere else but Turkey is so big, we have no idea. Also possible dates are mid november or january. So I'm looking for the warmest part if there is anywhere? Also don't want to spend the whole week on the beach (will it be too cold for the beach) Any suggestions would be great :)

suppiluliuma
How many stars? **: 0

Re: Where to go with small children?

Post by suppiluliuma » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:07 pm

Warmest part of the country at that time is the southern part, but still too cold for the beach.
Best choice is the big cities like Istanbul, Ankara, İzmir, Bursa, etc. Because you'll have most alternatives, for having the best time and for covering yourselves from cold.
Come whoever you are...
just come as you are

Jeroen
How many stars? **: 0

Post by Jeroen » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:06 pm

We went with our daughter to Lara Barut beach resort when she was 3 months old
This excellent resort is in Antalya Lara and I really loved this week of relaxing

It was a very good choice and I can highly recommend this hotel
Rgds Jeroen
http://www.villaolivio.com
Read here the story of our historical olive factory we bought on Datca, Turkey

http://www.hiddendatca.com
Everything you should known about this unknown beautiful part of Turkey

patton_uk

Post by patton_uk » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:40 pm

Where is the best place to go on vacation with small children? I am looking for a place to visit this summer with my children who are ages 7 and 3. any ideas for kid friendly places with lots of excitment that won't cost a small fortune for a few days?

jenjen

Post by jenjen » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:35 am

Hiya patton_uk

With children so young I would have to suggest Olu Deniz. It's a pretty, small resort if they should wander, the lagoon area has very shallow water where they can play with inflatables quite safely and Hisaronu town is just a short bus ride away for livelier evenings and a small funfair. Turkish resorts are very kid friendly wherever you go and you'll probably find you won't have to work too hard to keep them amused. Some of the hotels will have family orientated entertainment which you can go and join in whether you are staying there or not, but I think I would be inclined to stay at one of these places anyway (can't wait for my grandkids to be old enough to take!)

Jen