Best way to get around Turkey with kids

Tips, cautions and bright ideas for keeping children safe and happy during travel in Turkey.

Best way to get around Turkey with kids

Post by kqbj » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:42 pm

My family and I are planning a trip around the world for 2010-2011. We plan to spend some time in Turkey. I'm looking for advice on how long we should plan on being in Turkey with our 7 and 10 year old and also what is the best way to get from place to place in Turkey. Should we plan on renting a car, is there good train access? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

TTP Expert
How many stars? **: 0

Re: Best way to get around Turkey with kids

Post by carrie » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:47 am

Hi..first of all have a good read through the many pages of the Turkey Travel Planner to get a general overview of Turkey etc..

If you have the time in your travels minimum 2 or 3 weeks is needed to see the major and some of the minor sites in Turkey..also Turkey is a very big country will vast amount of places to travel to..we need a bit more info from you..are you beach people, into history, cutlture ????? relaxing trip or rushed trip ( however with kids this can be harder )

But we need to know where you might be interested in travelling to ??? then we can better answer your questions.

renting a car is only needed if you are say travelling along the Western Med coast or for shorter distances...plane and bus travel is excellent in Turkey and recommended for long distance travel.

train service is available..check out more info on Tom's pages

also many things can depend on which month of the year you plan to months are May or Sept...
Carrie Akkelle
Canada Hotel
Cirali / Olympos

my photo site;

Re: Best way to get around Turkey with kids

Post by aykut » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:05 am

Hello from Turkey,
One of the best way o travel in Turkey a private tour with a driver.You can visit most of the places including ancient cities and important classical sites in 2 weeks.İstanbul is the best place to start your visit then you can fly to İzmir or Antalya.Spent 3 days in İstanbul then fly to İzmir and see the Ephesus and Pergamun ancient cities.Then fly to Antalya and spent at least 3 days in Antalya.Take a good road map with you.You can make your hotel rezervations on internet easily.Renting a car is another option but Turkey is a very big country and driving into the cities can be difficult for you.
Best Regards
Have a good trip
Archaeologist & Official Tour Guide