recommendation on what to see

Tips, cautions and bright ideas for keeping children safe and happy during travel in Turkey.
vita

recommendation on what to see

Post by vita » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:12 pm

My husband and I will be traveling with our 16 month old in Turkey for one month in September. We are starting in Cappadocia for 7 days, then Istanbul for 5, and then the last week will be spend in Ephesus area, with a plan to catch a flight from Izmir to Istanbul and then head back to the states.

This still leaves us with about 10 days between leaving Istanbul and meeting up with family is Selcuk - what should we do and see? We were thinking of renting a car for that time. Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

David Morgan
How many stars? **: 0

Re: recommendation on what to see

Post by David Morgan » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:25 am

Have you checked out this page yet?
http://www.turkeytravelplanner.com/go/index.html

ptemiz

Post by ptemiz » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:09 pm

Fly from Istanbul to Antalya. Rent a car in Antalya (you could book it in advance and have it waiting at the airport). Then go west along the coast to Kemer, Cirali/Olympos, Finike, Demre, Kas, Kalkan, Patara, Fethiye. In all of these places you can find good food accommodation to suit all budgets, beaches to laze upon and play with your child, wonderful scenery and amazing ancient ruins should that also be something you want to see. From Fethiye you can drive to Selcuk in around four hours via Mugla - just follow the signs for Izmir from Fethiye.

vita

Post by vita » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:30 am

Thank you for your replies. Flying to Antalya sounds intriguing, but I was hoping to avoid one more flight. Instead, I have been looking into renting a car in Istanbul and driving to Iznik, Bursa, visiting Kas Park, Mt Ida area, stopping in Bergama, and then meeting some friends in Selcuk. Have you visited that par of the country, would it be worth the trip? But if the Analya region is something that should not be missed, I'd definately look into it.

margaretp

Post by margaretp » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:30 pm

Why not rent a car in Istanbul and meander down the west coast to Selcuk, nice to spend a week doing this, we did it in 2008. The route we took was Gelebolu (for the WW1 battle sites and memorials), ferry across to Canakkale, visiting Troy, Assos and Bergama. You will have time for sightseeing and also for relaxing in some beautiful locations
MPD

aykut

Post by aykut » Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:22 pm

Hello from Antalya.
Spend your 10 days in Antalya,the mediterranean coast of Turkey.Here is plan:
Fly from İstanbul to Antalya.Visit museum,Perge,Aspendos.Overnight Antalya
Side,Antalya Harbour and Old Town.Overnight Antalya
Drive to the west from Antalya.Visit Phaselis and Olympos.Overnight Olympos
Contunie to Myra and visit Myra then drive to Kaş.Overnight in Kaş.
Drive to Fethiye and visit Saklıkent Canyon,Patara.Overnight.Fethiye
Visit Ölüdeniz (Dead Sea) and overnight Fethiye.
Fly from Dalaman Airport to İstanbul.
Have a nice trip.
Aykut Altınışık
Archaeologist
ANTALYA-TURKEY
For more info : www.mynet.com

andri

children stay free?

Post by andri » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:26 am

We are from South africa and I am absolutely stunned with the prices for accommodation. Are children not supposed to stay free? Please help me.

Nightwishh

dutasteride generic

Post by Nightwishh » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:31 pm

I was shy to share with my doctor about decrease my hair which I occurred for the last couple of years. He advised me dutasteride which could realize me. A feel alive again! clomid saved me!

Nightwishh

how do you do

Post by Nightwishh » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:21 pm

how do you do?