single parent travelling to turkey

Tips, cautions and bright ideas for keeping children safe and happy during travel in Turkey.
paulat

single parent travelling to turkey

Post by paulat » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:58 pm

Hi ive recently become single and have booked a holiday to Antalya with my two kids, i have recently read that some countries do not allow one parent to travel with their children without legal documentation such as an affidavit, does anyone know if this applies when visiting turkey and if it is is there an easier way for eg a consent form from the other parent. I really hope im worrying about nothing as a my kids and i are really looking forward to going on holiday. :)

davcamp
How many stars? **: 0

Re: single parent travelling to turkey

Post by davcamp » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:30 pm

Hi Paulat,
I do not think you will need it. I know many single parents that have traveled in Turkey with kids in tow, it should not be an issue. Be sure though, to carry with you (Turkey and elsewhere) post-divorce decree, custody settlement documents, just in case. Just as important, have the kid's father provide a letter notarized and signed saying you have permission to take the children on international travel. Make sure the letter indicates you to have specific travel dates with the minor children, or, an "anytime - no dates clause."
This measures are standard (not specific to Turkey) anytime you take minor children out of state/country.
You will not be asked to show them in Turkey, unless someone's suspicion is aroused or there is an Amber Alert.
davcamp

paulat

Post by paulat » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:42 pm

davcamp wrote:Hi Paulat,
I do not think you will need it. I know many single parents that have traveled in Turkey with kids in tow, it should not be an issue. Be sure though, to carry with you (Turkey and elsewhere) post-divorce decree, custody settlement documents, just in case. Just as important, have the kid's father provide a letter notarized and signed saying you have permission to take the children on international travel. Make sure the letter indicates you to have specific travel dates with the minor children, or, an "anytime - no dates clause."
This measures are standard (not specific to Turkey) anytime you take minor children out of state/country.
You will not be asked to show them in Turkey, unless someone's suspicion is aroused or there is an Amber Alert.
davcamp
Thank you very much for your reply, i dont have custody settlement documents as it wasnt needed, it was all very amicable and no divorce papers, though if all i need is a written signed statement from the father then that isnt a problem thaks very much for your help, and your sure i dont need to go to a lawyer?

davcamp
How many stars? **: 0

Post by davcamp » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:05 pm

Hello,
Thanks for your message. be sure at least to get a notarized paper indicating dates your ex will let you travel abroad with minor children. I think this all you need. No atty needed. Obviously you will need to have Passports for your children with a round trip ticket for each of you.
davcamp