Holiday in Dalyan with two children

Tips, cautions and bright ideas for keeping children safe and happy during travel in Turkey.
pinklion

Holiday in Dalyan with two children

Post by pinklion » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:32 pm

We are off to Dalyan in two weeks time and are in the final stages of planning our holiday. Before we go, do you know of any "must do" trips or places to see? This is where we are staying http://www.anatoliansky.co.uk/Home/Holi ... Hotel.aspx

I know there are trips to the Turtle Beach and the mud baths but wondering if there are any other worthwhile trips. Someone told me that the turtles are not there year-round and I am not sure whether we will see them or not.

We are travelling with two of our children ages 9 and 11 and have sorted out the £10 notes for the visas, decent insect repellant and high factor sun cream. Is there anything else out of the ordinary we should think about? We haven't had a holiday abroad for many years so are a bit out of touch! We have read that we should make sure we don't need to eat at Dalaman airport because it is stupidly expensive, are there any other pitfalls to avoid? Sorry for so many questions, any tips much appreciated. Also, can you recommend any good local restaurants?

Thanks.

Karen

David Morgan
How many stars? **: 0

Re: Holiday in Dalyan with two children

Post by David Morgan » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:19 pm

Here's Kaptan June's turtle sanctuary website, they'll probably have a couple of propeller-injured turtles recovering there.
Once you've done all the local trips (boat up and down the river to the beach, to the ruins, across the lake to Köyceğiz, etc.), in the second week maybe take a day trip to Ölüdeniz (if you haven't been there before), very easy by local buses/dolmuşes.

Sorry, I've no idea about the restaurants in Dalyan.

pinklion

Post by pinklion » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:00 pm

Thank you for the info! Is that ghost village, something koy? near enough to visit?

suppiluliuma
How many stars? **: 0

Post by suppiluliuma » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:32 am

Dalyan is heaven, but get prepared for mosquitos.
Because of the reedy surroundings, a natural outcome.

Very strategical location for day trips: Ekincik Cove, Köyceğiz, Kabak Cove, Göcek, Fethiye, Kayaköy, Ölü Deniz, Butterfly Valley, Saklı Kent, Patara, all are close enough to visit in a day.

If the sea is rough you can swim in the lake, at the other side of İztuzu Beach.

Enjoy your holiday.
Come whoever you are...
just come as you are

pinklion

Post by pinklion » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:59 am

Thanks, yes I had read about insect bites so have bought mozzibands and some good insect repellant. :-) Thanks for the info.