How Do I Deal With a Turk Who is Harassing Me?

General chat as in a "çay evi" (Turkish tea house).

Moderator: sinan

How Do I Deal With a Turk Who is Harassing Me?

Post by starmama » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:07 pm

What are my options for reporting attempted fraud on my credit card to Turkish authorities? A travel agency in Turkey recently tried to charge my credit card over $700 for no goods or services, more than 2 months after I had left Turkey. Luckily, my bank flagged the charges as fraud and they were not paid, but the man from the travel agency has repeatedly harassed me, emailing me almost daily and threatening to leave nasty comments on my flickr page and website. Honestly, I could care less about that, but his attempt at fraud against me should be reported to the proper authorities - but who would that be?

(Background: I booked some services through his website, changed my mind and canceled them, he refused to refund my money, I posted a review about it here viewtopic.php?f=22&t=5606, and since then he has been harassing me)

How many stars? **: 0

Re: How Do I Deal With a Turk Who is Harassing Me?

Post by Tavsan » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:56 am

Have your credit card company issue you a new card with a new number while keeping your account current/open but canceling the old card. If they can do that he can try all he wants but the card will be rejected again and again.