Erzincan

Tips, comments and warnings for women traveling in Turkey.

Moderator: sinan

joolia

Erzincan

Post by joolia » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:25 pm

Hi,

I'm planning on heading to Turkey at the end of September. I'm a lone female and was contemplating going all the way out to Kars ... but then I was reading your comments and have decided to reroute my plans...

For some reason, the lonely planet doesn't mention anything about Erzincan... but I was googling photos and it looks just gorgeous.

So I was thinking about going Amasya to Erzincan, then down to Malatya (for Nemrut Dagi) ... and then from there to Cappadocia and the more Western parts.

Is it safe to go to Erzincan. Is there a train or bus that goes from there to Malatya... it looks like it on the map?

Thanks for your help.
Jules :D

Tosun Saral
How many stars? **: 0

Post by Tosun Saral » Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:07 pm

Every place is safe in Turkey. Especailly for women. Turks respect women. Women are our mothers, aunts, sisters, sister-in-laws, wifes, our darlings. We protect women Turk or foreigner like pupil of our eyes. It is sure there are some who hassle women but it is very few. If a women have trouple many Turkish men run to help her. A alone travelling women is under protection of every traveller and captain of the travelling vehicle. Turkish busses have 2 seats at every side. No man is allowed to sit by a alone travelling woman. for that reason you will be travelling in Turkey alone or with a woman beside you. It is just a courtesy. No man wants to disturp the trip of a alone sitting woman.
After collapse of iron curtain many blond and blue eyed prostutierts come to Turkey to act their prosfession. Sometimes men mix decent women with them. If you say "Amerikan Turist, Amerikan Turist" they will appoligize 1001 times.
Here is a story of a British Lady:
http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/6f35e/1bce11/

Erzincan is not interesting. No need to go there.
Don't die before visiting Turkey

David Morgan

Post by David Morgan » Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:56 am

Tosun Saral wrote:Erzincan is not interesting. No need to go there.
Unless you want to see Altıntepe, a city of Urartu, 13km ESE of Erzincan.

sinan

Post by sinan » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:55 am

Dear David

Thank you for Information I am in Turkey now that's why I can not help people in the forum.

Sinan

David Morgan

Post by David Morgan » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:50 pm

By the way, Altıntepe shows up nicely on Google Earth at 39°41'46.98"N, 39°38'47.83"E.

samikenina

Post by samikenina » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:34 pm

hi David..im new to google earth..would i have to type all that in or just put erzıncan or whatever..any tips appreciated

i think everywhere has some interest..even erzincan!

David Morgan

Post by David Morgan » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:13 pm

I usually just rotate and zoom until the coordinates match.
Here's a view using Google Maps.