Good new and bad news! Help

Tips, comments and warnings for women traveling in Turkey.

Moderator: sinan

samikenina
How many stars? **: 0

Post by samikenina » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:19 pm

hi .im sure you will find plenty of places to suit your budget..especially in Set./oct.
but you have to say where you want to go for more positive advice.
Can i add that while its right to be cautious you will miss a lot if all you do is walk straight ahead and avoid eye contact etc.
Turks are very hospitable, very curious, they will want to know where you come from etc..qnd not everybody is out to rip you off..or ready to pull your camera from you. Maybe in istanbul there will be big city behaviour..but out in the country and small places you will experience a wealth fo kindness and friendship
im an english woman and have lived in turkey many years and feel safer here than anywhere else.
Tehre are of course bad people as there are everywhere..but im sure you will spot them.
go with an open mind..like the new pages in your book!

antsytraveler

Post by antsytraveler » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:03 pm

tthanks for the reply. I´m STILL working on this itinerary. Going to Greece, maybe Egypt, and would love to go to Morocco (I´d love a lot of things!) With the time I have (50 days) I need to see as much as possible and still enjoy myself. So far I think Bursa, Selçuk, Ephesus, Kusadasi (because it seems to be on the way and is a port for Greek isles), Bodrum (? not a party girl), Fethiye, Cappadocia. Maybe go to Ankara and catch the train to Greece. This is very rough as I´m still researching the net (don´t have access to guide books here). Bursa will probably be an overnight trip from Istanbul. I think once I´m out of Istanbul and stay in smaller villages/towns, it will be more economical and I really like to stay a little away from all the tourists (easier said than done at times). I´ll be on public transport, as a car would be out of my budget
The world is a book with many pages. Do you really want to read the same page every day of your life?? Turn the page!