downloading digital photos on CD

Tips, comments and warnings for women traveling in Turkey.

Moderator: sinan

tammytravels

downloading digital photos on CD

Post by tammytravels » Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:13 pm

does anyone have an idea what this will cost? Debateing whether to bring my flash trax to store photos (another expensive electronic to keep track of), or just download on cds until I get home to edit. I´ll be taking numerous photos, so I´m afraid it could be quite expensive after a period of time. Thanks if anyone has an idea.
Life isn´t fair, that´s why bras come in different sizes

steve
How many stars? **: 0

Post by steve » Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:01 pm

There are lots of shops which offer a backup to CD service fo just a few lira. Some of the better hotels (such as the Esbelli in Urgup) provide this as a free service to guests.

tammytravels

Post by tammytravels » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:37 pm

thank you.
Life isn´t fair, that´s why bras come in different sizes

MW

Post by MW » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:00 am

Cost varies and is usually negotiable.

Free (in Istanbul of all places!), 3YTL, 5YTL or even - outrageously - 10 YTL. Tends to be cheaper in the East than in the West.

carrie
TTP Expert

Post by carrie » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:12 am

Also most if not hotels have computors were you can transfer you photos to CD and some might even do them free of charge. Bring along some quaility CD's or ask if they have any available. I always keeps some empty CD's on hand.

Another idea is to bring along a 2 or 4 GB USB flash bellek...they can hold a lot of photos as well. Or you can buy one in any major electronic store in Turkey for peanuts. The last one I bought cost me around 59 liras for a 2 GB.

What about to bring extra SD cards ?? They are also available in Turkey. For any of these electronic things I always shop at either Bimeks or Teknosa. And you can find them in most major cities around Turkey.

Also you could consider a free web site photo sharing account like Flickr or Shutterfly, this way to can upload your photos everyday. But then access to a computor or lap-top is necessary as well.