OK for 2 women tot travel in Kackar?

Tips, comments and warnings for women traveling in Turkey.

Moderator: sinan

Jesse

OK for 2 women tot travel in Kackar?

Post by Jesse » Mon May 04, 2009 1:00 pm

Hi,

I'm planning to go to the Kackar mountains with my mother in early July. Is OK to travel with 2 women (aged 31 and 60)in that region?
Anyone got tips/ do's and don'ts? We will dress properly, but apart from that, I don't know what (not) to do or expect.

I think we'll mostly do dayhikes, so we would stay in pensions. If we want to do some multiple-day-trekkings, is it OK for us to go camping? And hire a guide?

Thanks!

Tosun Saral
How many stars? **: 0

Re: OK for 2 women tot travel in Kackar?

Post by Tosun Saral » Wed May 06, 2009 10:31 pm

Oh Jesse you make my old bones pain. You make me a lot of trouble. We Turks have lots of troubles here. We are facing every day tons of troubles. Dont be the last one! Let us sleep in our comfortable beds not thinking about you and your mother. You are not Calamity Jane or Jesse James. Do you ever thought what you will face at Kackar Mountains. Yes it is true it is a very beautiful place. Emerald forests. deep canyons, waterfalls, plants as big as a human. It is always rainy and fogy. The rains are worser then rains of Rancapour or England.
better hire a guide.
http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/tp/3a3f2/

more tourist reports:
http://members.virtualtourist.com/vt/ks ... &x=21&y=10
Don't die before visiting Turkey

David Morgan

Post by David Morgan » Wed May 06, 2009 11:32 pm

Your postings amuse me sometimes, Tosun. Ever the chivalrous gentleman, but this time not sure what advice to give.
Neither do I have advice, I'm afraid I've not yet been there. And surprised that the Trekking in Turkey website forum hasn't come up with an answer yet.
But if your 60-year-old friend is anything like my aunt, I say go for it - that region is becoming very popular, so it'll be easy to arrange things on the spot. I'm sure you'll be able to do everything in your plan.

margaretp

Post by margaretp » Thu May 07, 2009 1:52 pm

Eagerly await any replies to this thread, its the next area on my list to visit. We are both in our 60's and the only difference is that I am accompanied by my husband. We hope to fly to Trabzon and hire a car from there. May keep the car and drive back to SW Turkey via Ankara, this way we can also fit in David's beloved Hittite ruins!! but it is a long way, any recommendations?
MPD

margaretp

Post by margaretp » Thu May 07, 2009 1:57 pm

Remembered I had this thread stored: http://www.lycianway.com/KackarContent/aboutkackar.html

Hope you find it useful
MPD