Turkish Airport Customs...

Tips, comments and warnings for women traveling in Turkey.

Moderator: sinan

Dantalian
How many stars? **: 0

Turkish Airport Customs...

Post by Dantalian » Mon May 25, 2009 7:44 pm

Hello fellow forumers,

My name is Cristina and I am new to this forum. I am seeking advice from women or men who are familar with the rules and regulations regaurding Turkish airport customs. I am due to marry in Turkey in July, however I'm not intending to live there for long but am planning to return with my husband to the UK.
For my engagement present, my partner bought me a few sets of pearl necklaces and have given them to me. I read on a website that I would be able to take the pearls out of the country so long as I have the reciepts, however what I'm wondering is, what happens if I do not have the reciepts, does that mean I can never take them through customs? Or is there any other way around it?
The necklaces are very sentimental to me so I would be very sad to leave them.

Can anyone who has been in a similar situation, or who knows the working of Turkish customs help me please, as whenever I try to find any information online it doesn't tell me what it is need to know.

Thanks a lot!
Cristina

Tosun Saral
How many stars? **: 0

Re: Turkish Airport Customs...

Post by Tosun Saral » Tue May 26, 2009 12:59 pm

First of all I wish you a long happy life on the same matress and pillow ( a Turkish proverb)
secondly you are beginning a stange adventure. You are entering into a strange culture. Yo are not married to a Turk but to a very long famili members. The famili of your husband will love you if you respect them. It is not like in UK or EU or USA. You must know the culture and customs. You must know the language. I dont know the cultural and intellectual level of your husband. But it is very important. If they are not over the intellectual and cultural lever it will be great problem.
Good luck my dear.

3- No body controls in customs if the vistor wearing a nacklace or a ring or earlings.

ptemiz

Re: Turkish Airport Customs...

Post by ptemiz » Wed May 27, 2009 7:14 pm

Tosun is totally right - just wear them.