Turkish Village Cooking Class & Bosphorus Tour
Turkish culture is rich and vibrant, with centuries of history that have influenced the country's cuisine, artistry, architecture, and more. There's no better way to experience a country than through its food.
Come join our culinary adventure away from the hustle and bustle of the city. After taking a private boat trip across the Bosphorus with our guide, you’ll arrive in our peaceful village and be welcomed as our guest. Get the unique opportunity to experience life in a Turkish village, with our local guide offering extra insight in English.
You'll learn how to prepare some traditional favorites such as eggplant moussaka, also known as imam bayıldı (the priest fainted). You'll also learn about the ingredients that make up the local cuisine, with ingredients sourced locally from our garden.
After preparing a variety of local delicacies with our English-speaking head chef and the rest of our local team, we will enjoy a family-style meal together. You will have time to enjoy dessert and the company of new friends before returning across the Bosphorous with a recipe book, cherished memories, and new cooking skills.
8:15 AM Meet at the Eminonu Ferry Port
8:30 AM Depart by Private Ferry toward the Black Sea
9:20 AM Arrive at the Asian side boat dock and board minibuses for our village
9:45 AM Visit the village, garden, and market per day's availability. Grab the day's ingredients
10:45 AM Introduction to the Cooking Class
11:00 AM Start Cooking under the direction of our own head chef and guide - both English speakers
11:30 AM Continue working on your technique - some of our recipes are tricky.
13:00 PM Around this time we'll start eating our 5-course lunch. Hope you're hungry!
14:15 PM Wrap up, say goodbye to new friends, and head to the boat dock.
14:35 PM Depart by private boat back to Eminonu
15:15 PM Disembark with delightful memories, new cooking skills, and lots of recipes to try.
Included in the tour are the following:
- All food & snacks while preparing meals
- Hands-on instructions for at least 5 dishes which typically include bread/soup, an appetizer, a salad, a vegetable dish or two, a main course, and dessert
- English-speaking guide
- English-speaking head chef along with a group of local women to assist in teaching you as you cook
- Private Bosphorous tour with a guide
- Local transportation between the ferry and village and back
- A visit to the village which could include a visit to the market, garden, or other points of interest
- A visit to the garden to observe, harvest, plant, or tend, depending on the season
- A recipe book of Turkish dishes
- Time to enjoy the meal you created along with your group
- An unforgettable experience with new friends
Excluded from the tour are:
- Transportation to & from the meeting point
- Tips for the guide, chef, and staff
- Personal expenses such as gifts or handicrafts at the restaurant
Eminönü İskele, Hobyar, Reşadiye Caddesi, Fatih/İstanbul, Turkey (map)
If you're looking for a unique experience on your next trip to Istanbul, look no further than our cooking class in a village setting! Our tour includes an enriching cultural cooking class and a private tour of the Bosphorus Strait—and we guarantee that it will exceed your expectations!