Every year TurkeyTravelPlanner.com hosts over 4 million visitors from more than 230 countries and territories, generating over 12 million pageviews.
The top 12 countries sending visitors: USA, UK, Turkey, Australia, Canada, Germany, India, United Arab Emirates, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, France.
One-third (31%) of TTP visitors return for additional visits. They trust TTP, and find it useful.
This map shows where most TTP visitors come from(courtesy of Google Analytics):
Turkey Travel Planner aims to be the best, most user-friendly and most informative and entertaining travel website dedicated to the Turkish Republic, now among the world's top seven travel destinations.
(For the record, we are not an airline, not a travel agency, not an employment agency, and we have no more bus information than is already on the website's pages. We do not make any travel reservations. Click here for great travel agencies that can help you.)
What makes TTP special?
1. True Travel Guidance, not just information. There's already way too much travel information, especially on the Internet. What people need and want is guidance, which is information and opinion designed for decision assistance, that is, to help them make decisions about where to go, what to do, and how to spend their precious travel budget.
2. It's all done "by hand." It's not like a hi-tech machine or a computer game, it's like a book. This "hand-work" is why TTP is easy to navigate: we think through the links you might need and the pages you'll want to read next, and set up the navigation accordingly. It's difficult to do that optimally in a database.
3. It's designed for you, not advertisers. Sure, it's got to pay its way, and we greatly value those who advertise on TTP because they make it possible for us to offer all of this information at no cost to you. But YOU and your trip are the reason TTP exists at all. We really love researching trips and presenting travel info, and we love the responses we get from travelers we've helped.
4. It's innovative: we try new and different ways of presenting travel information, and make finding that information easier and more fun for you. We've spent decades working to make travel information comprehensive and comprehensible to travelers of all types.
5. Updates, comments and humor are on TTP's Facebook page. More...
Here's how to advertise on TTP.
We're curious to know if we've succeeded in helping you to plan your trip to Turkey. If you find TTP useful, informative, easy and fun to use, or if you have a question or comment about travel in Turkey, please contribute your ideas to the TTP Forums. Thanks!
—by Tom Brosnahan
|Press Comment on TTP|