Various Turkey Travel Planner staff such as myself have been playing all the courses in Turkey as well as interviewing Golf professionals in country to come up with a top 10 list of courses, helpful tip list, and some information regarding pricing & booking.
Booking a tee time or a package deal at a Turkish course is different than most countries in that the best deals and confirmation guarantee for your booking is through a local Golf agency. We have also vetted the Golf agencies here in the area and picked the top agencies for you to get the best pricing and actually book your golf holiday in Turkey.
Golf in Turkey has become increasingly popular over the past few decades, with the country now being one of the leading golf destinations in Europe. Turkey's golfing scene is centered around the town of Belek, which is located on the southern coast of the country, near the city of Antalya.
Belek boasts more than a dozen world-class golf courses, each designed by famous golf course architects such as Nick Faldo, Colin Montgomerie, and David Feherty. The courses offer a range of challenges and are suitable for golfers of all skill levels. The courses are set on beautiful landscapes with stunning views of the Mediterranean Sea and the Taurus Mountains. There are many options for day trips in the Antalya region that should be considered.
In addition to Belek, there are several other golf courses located throughout Turkey, including courses in Istanbul, Bodrum, and Kusadasi. These courses offer golfers a chance to experience different regions of Turkey while playing golf.
The Best Golf Courses & Resorts in Turkey
Here are 7 helpful tips for your Golf Holiday in Turkey:
- Choose the right season: The best time to play golf in Turkey is from April to November, when the weather is mild and sunny. July and August can be very hot and humid, so it's best to avoid playing golf during these months.
- Book tee times in advance: It's always a good idea to book your tee times in advance, especially during the high season when golf courses can be busy. Many golf courses in Turkey allow online booking, which makes it easy to secure your tee times ahead of time.
- Dress appropriately: Most golf courses in Turkey have a dress code, so it's important to dress appropriately. Golfers are usually required to wear collared shirts and golf shoes with soft spikes. Shorts are usually allowed, but they must be tailored and not too short.
- Stay hydrated: It's important to stay hydrated while playing golf in Turkey, especially during the summer months. Make sure to bring plenty of water and drink regularly throughout your round.
- Use sunscreen: The sun can be strong in Turkey, so it's important to protect your skin by using sunscreen with a high SPF rating. It's also a good idea to wear a hat or visor to protect your face from the sun.
- Respect the course: Golf courses in Turkey are well-maintained, and it's important to respect the course by repairing divots, raking bunkers, and avoiding damage to the greens.
- Be prepared for mosquitoes: During the summer months, mosquitoes can be a problem in some areas of Turkey. It's a good idea to bring insect repellent and wear long-sleeved clothing to avoid bites.
By following these tips, you can enjoy a memorable golfing experience in Turkey while staying safe and comfortable on the course.
Is a Golf Holiday in Turkey Expensive?
Golf in Turkey can be relatively expensive compared to other popular golf destinations. However, the cost of golf depends on various factors such as the time of year, the golf course, and the location of the golf course.
During the high season, which is from May to October, the cost of golf in Turkey tends to be higher due to the high demand for tee times. The green fees at some of the top golf courses in Turkey can range from around €80 to €150 per round.
However, there are also more affordable options available, especially during the low season, which is from November to April. Some golf courses in Turkey offer discounted rates during this time, and the cost of accommodation and other expenses may also be lower.
It's also worth noting that many golf courses in Turkey offer packages that include accommodation, meals, and golf. These packages can be a good value, especially for golfers who plan to stay for several days or more.
Overall, golf in Turkey can be expensive, but there are also more affordable options available. It's important to research your options and compare prices to find the best value for your budget.